Q&A with Homecoming Court

Alexis Guynn

Q: Were you shocked when you found out you were nominated for prom court?

A: Yes I was very shocked. I always wanted to be on court and I thought it would be something fun to experience with my friends.

Q: How do you feel about running?
A: I feel pretty confident about running for queen. Win or lose I’m humble and I’m just happy for the experience.

Q: Why should someone vote for you?

A: I think someone should vote for me because I’m nice and I’m always seeking to help others. I also feel involved in the student body and people seem to like me.

Q: How are you involved with Lawrence North?

A: I am involved in Lawrence North because I played volleyball my first two years of high school, But currently I am involved in Principal Advisory Council better known as PAC.

Q: What’s your favorite superhero?

A: My favorite superhero is my mom. She’s not your typical superhero, but she’s always here for my rescue.

Garrett Simms

A: Yes i was shocked.

Q:  How do you feel about running?

A: It’s really cool and I’m happy my classmates thought about voting for me.

Q: Why should someone vote for you?

A: That’s a hard question to answer.

Q:  How are you involved with Lawrence North?

A: I run Cross Country

Q: What’s your favorite superhero?

A: Batman definitely

Devon Taylor

A: Yeah I was shocked because I didn’t think people would actually want me to be on court but it made me realize how people feel about me.

Q:  How do you feel about running?

A: Running for homecoming is really cool, I have never experienced anything like it before. I wish everybody could go through the process because it’s very interesting.

Q: Why should someone vote for you?

People should vote for me because I perceive myself as being a well rounded person. I always try my hardest in school. Also I like to think I’m honest and very kind to my peers and other students.

A: I dance at Lawrence north and I go and support a lot of our schools sport events such as football, volleyball and basketball.

Q: What’s your favorite superhero?

A: My favorite superhero is batman.

Bianca Cureton

A: I was extremely shocked. I didn’t really campaign to be on court, so i just assumed that I would be on it.

Q: How do you feel about running?

A:  I’m excited for running because this year’s homecoming court has a lot of great candidates.

Q: Why should someone vote for you?

A: Not exactly sure why someone should vote for me specifically, but I think voters should vote for who they think will represent Lawrence North the best.

A: I’m in clubs such as PAC, Key Club, National Technical Honors Society, National Spanish honors Society, and Tri Hi Y. I also used to participate in choir.

Q: What’s your favorite superhero?

A: My favorite superhero is my mom! As cheesy as it sounds, that’s always my answer to that question. She can always do what seems impossible.

Aniyah Scott

A: No I wasn’t really shocked that i was on homecoming court because I literally told everyone to vote for me, and i campaigned all over twitter. At the same time though it was still unreal that I could actually be homecoming queen, so when I realized that I was shocked.

Q: How do you feel about running?

A: I’m excited to be running for homecoming queen because I’ve never thought that I would actually ever be homecoming queen so it’s kind of like breathtaking. Also I’m excited to be running with two of my bestfriends, and to us it’s just like we will be happy regardless of who wins.

Q: Why should someone vote for you?

A:  People should vote for me for homecoming queen because I’m really nice and outgoing and this is something that would be very beneficial to me because I never felt that I was homecoming queen material so this win would boost my confidence.

A: The two major things I am involved in at Lawrence North is Unified Track and Best Buddies. These two clubs haven’t yet started, but in the previous years I was involved. I love these two clubs the most because they are both made to make special education students feel special, and I love the bonds I’ve created with all of them And the teachers who are in charge of these groups. Also as everyone may know I am a red day anchor on Cats Eye.

Q: What’s your favorite superhero?

A: I don’t really follow DC or Marvel comics.

Alec Yancy
A:The day we were voting for court a lot of people came up to me and told me they voted for me, which I found surprising, and a few days later they announced court. The cheerleaders came to our classes, and it was all quite shocking.
Q: How do you feel about running?
A: I’m not especially stressed about running. I’ve asked a few people to vote for me, but mostly I’ve not done much for campaigning.
Q: Why should someone vote for you?
A: As for why people should vote for me, I’m going to the dance with Bianca Cureton who is also on court. She is clearly going to be queen, and I’d very much like to win with her.
A: My involvement in LN has been much like I’m sure most people’s has. I’ve dabbled a little into the clubs and sports offered at the school, I’m currently applying for National Honor Society, and I’ve tried to experience as many of the amazing courses offered at LNHS as possible. I’ve really had a great time so far at LN.
Q: What’s your favorite superhero?
A: My favorite superhero would have to be Super Man. I don’t know why I’ve just always thought he was the coolest, plus people used to tell me I looked like superman when I wore glasses, and I thought that was pretty cool.

Mary Watts

A: I was actually very shocked when I found out I was nominated for homecoming court. It’s something I’ve wanted for awhile now but I never really thought I’d make on court, so when I did I appreciated it even more than I could imagine.
Q: How do you feel about running?
A: I feel great about running , this is  an amazing experience.
Q: Why should someone vote for you?
A: Someone should vote for me because I truly care about the school and the people in it. I’ve worked hard and I feel it’s important to be a good role model for students to look up too, so I think if I win others who do and don’t know me will have a chance to view someone who cares about their academics and makes positive influences around Ln.
A: At Lawrence North I’m involved in Track & Cross Country as well as the Avid program which helps with college and community service in and out of school.
Q: What’s your favorite superhero?
A: My favorite superhero is Storm. I love her powers and because I want to become a meteorologist her ability to control weather is fascinating to me. I feel media focuses on male heroes more so I think she helps show how women and girls can be strong and powerful too.

Kenneth Arnold

A: I wasn’t really surprised, I was the first name on the list.

Q: How do you feel about running?
A: I feel like if you want to vote for me you should.

Q: Why should someone vote for you?

A: Because they see my name on the ballot.

A: I run track and cross country.

Q: What’s your favorite superhero?

A: Harambe of course