The student news site of Lawrence North High School

North Star

North Star

North Star

NFL Draft team grades

Find out where your favorite team ranks with their choices this year
NFL Draft team grades

The 2024 NFL draft has come and gone, and the results are in. Here’s my report card for how each team did in choosing their next players.

1. Atlanta Falcons: D-

They never solved any of their problems. Their biggest need was at the edge position in the first round, but chose to take QB Michael Penix Jr after signing Kirk Cousins to a 4-year $180 million contract. Other than that they could’ve done so much better.

1. Denver Broncos: D+

The Broncos just felt kind of desperate to draft a QB really early, and Bo Nix wasn’t a bad pick, but they could’ve gotten a lot more draft compensation and traded down with another team. Overall, they didn’t do a lot to improve.

1. Dallas Cowboys C-

Just like the Falcons, they just didn’t solve a lot outside of the first round. They replaced OT Tyron Smith with Tyler Guyton out of Oklahoma. But anything after just weren’t positions they needed.

1. Cincinnati Bengals: C

Their draft wasn’t too bad but not too special. They got the positions that they needed, but they could have executed their picks better. Overall they got what they needed.

1. Cleveland Browns C

With the limited draft compensation that they had due to previous trades, they didn’t have the worst draft. They stacked up defensively and got a weapon to help QB Deshaun Watson. 

1. San Francisco 49ers C

The 49ers just had an odd draft, especially going WR in the first round. But they solved a lot of problems throughout the draft.

1. Las Vegas Raiders C

The Raiders did the same thing as the Atlanta Falcons and drafted a position they didn’t need. After drafting the best TE in the draft last year in Michael Mayer, they selected TE Brock Bowers in the first round this year. Just a weird pick.

1. Tennessee Titans C+

After losing OT Joe Alt to the Chargers a couple picks earlier, they chose the next best thing in JC Latham. They got who they needed most, just not the best of the best.

1. Philadelphia Eagles C+

They took some big hits after last season. They picked two of the best DBs in the draft in Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper Dejean. But after that there was kind of a drop off. Not a bad draft.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars C+

They had an actual good draft. Just like the Bengals and Titans, they got what they needed but just not the best of the best. 

1. New York Jets C+

They had one of the more underrated drafts. Getting guys of the future while also trying to win now.

1. Carolina Panthers B-

For what they had, they had a great draft.

1. Houston Texans B-

Houston did well. They got highly rated talent out of the positions they needed

1. Buffalo Bills B

Had a good draft, just reached a couple of picks.

1. Detroit Lions B

Got what they needed and got one of the best cornerback in the draft in the first round.

1. New England Patriots B+

Got the 2nd best Quarterback in draft in Drake Maye and got some great pieces to help him out.

1. Miami Dolphins B+

Added some pieces to bolster that defense even more

1. Los Angeles Chargers A-

Made a questionable pick with OT Joe Alt at 4. But they added the playmakers they really need.

1. New York Giants A

Getting the second best WR, Malik Nabers, at pick 6 and they added pieces they desperately needed. 

1. Kansas City Chiefs A

They added the fastest player the NFL has ever seen and got a lot of depth to the roster.

1. Green Bay Packers A

They filled out their young roster completely. 

1. Indianapolis Colts A

They added two very important pieces they extremely needed in Edge Rusher Laiatu Latu and WR Adonai Mitchel.

1. Seattle Seahawks A

Got the best IDL in the Draft in Byron Murphy II. Also, adding plenty of offensive line depth. 

1. Los Angeles Rams A

Edge Rusher Jared Verse is a really good pick in replacement of  the recently retired Aaron Donald. They added The best running back draft.

1. New Orleans Saints A

Even without a first round pick they still got some of the best of the best. They took the best cornerback in the draft in Kool Aid Mckinstry and added a very under the radar QB Spencer Rattler.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers A

Overall had one of the best drafts. Just not too special.

1. Baltimore Ravens A

Bolstered their secondary and added a quarterback in a later round.

1. Minnesota Vikings A+

With their new addition in QB JJ McCarthy, they are expecting a lot out of Edge Rusher Dallas Turner. Overall an amazing draft.

1. Chicago Bears A+

With the first overall pick, they made the obvious choice in QB Caleb Williams and drafted WR Rome Odunze along with him.

1. Arizona Cardinals A+

They took the best WR prospect ever in Marvin Harrison Jr., also adding some defensive pieces.

1. Washington Commanders A+

Adding along to an amazing offseason, they have had a remarkable draft. They took Jayden Daniels with the 2nd overall pick and added more to what they needed.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers A+

The best draft class. Added too much talent to their roster.