College Prep Conference set up to help students with college going process

This Saturday, Aug. 26, the Indiana Convention Center is hosting a College Prep Conference for student in grades 8 to 12 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This conference serves to inform and introduce students to the college going process. This convention will include things such as workshops to help students get a hands on experience on what to expect in the future.

According to Lawrence North College Counselor Liaison,Tuesday Anderson, one area that be discussed is financial aid. This includes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, scholarships, grants, loans, and other way to bring in money to put towards your college costs. Students and Representatives will be present from multiple colleges in order to help educate people on their specific college. On the athletic side, the National Collegiate Athletic Association will also be present in order to inform athletes on the standards they require.

“As of now there are over 1700 students signed up to attend the conference,” Anderson said. Anderson referred to a mini college fair with around 40 schools represented that will coincide with the College Prep Conference. This is set to take place between 2:30 p.m and 4:30 p.m. Colleges will be handing out general information and answering questions that students may have. Students can also see what that college has to offer and maybe even find new options they had not previously considered. The mini college fair and conference serves as an opportunity to become educated and informed for your college experience.