Garden of the Gods comes to LN

Wildcats kick off Homecoming Week on Sept. 6

With Lawrence North’s Homecoming week and dance approaching, students have begun to anticipate what’s going on during that time. LN’s calendar of events was planned by PAC. 

Students will start the week off on Tuesday, Sept. 6 with the first day of spirit week dressing as their favorite decade era. Other activities that day include helping teachers decorate their doors for the door decorating contest, attending the club fair during lunch blocks, and donating pennies for the class penny wars. 

“We really try to include things for the whole school to do, such as class pennies wars, seeing who can donate the most. That’s always a big thing,” Ayanna Williams, sophomore principal, said. Williams says she knows a lot of students enjoy many different things and that is why they try to have something different to do the whole week. Homecoming tickets will also start being sold Tuesday during all lunch blocks. Students can buy tickets from Tuesday until Thursday, Sept. 9. Tickets will not be available for purchase at the dance, so students are encouraged to buy theirs during Homecoming week. 

On Wednesday, Sept. 7, students will dress in mismatched clothing for spirit day. They also can continue to decorate doors, attend the club fair, donate pennies, and  be able to attend an after school kickball game. These activities will continue on Thursday, Sept. 8. Thursday’s spirit day will be dressed as their favorite movie character. Friday, Sept. 9 will be student class colors day. Seniors will wear red, juniors will wear green, sophomores will wear black and freshmen will wear white. During R8 on Friday all students will attend a pep rally where the Homecoming Court will be announced, penny war totals will be revealed, and the winning teacher for the door decorating contest will be announced.  

After school Friday the Wildcats football team will play against the North Central Panthers at 7 p.m. 

The final day for Homecoming celebration will be on Saturday, Sept. 10. The dance will be in the Jack Kieffer Gym from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. During that time the final Homecoming queen and king will be crowned toward the end of the dance. 2