The student news site of Lawrence North High School

North Star

North Star

North Star

Students begin scheduling for next year

Students are currently getting ready to schedule for the 2024-2025 school year. 

Counselors have been entering history and English classes to explain what students will need to do in order to schedule their classes for next year. Scheduling started at the beginning of the new semester and it ends sometime in March. 

According to counselor Morgan Gomez, students will be making their choices online either with help or by themselves but they will have to enter their choices on the computer.

“[Students will] log into Skyward and put in classes,” Gomez said. “They get information from presentations. Feb. 1-2 everyone checks what they put in Skyward and gets recommendations.”

Students will meet with counselors later in the year to double check everything and make sure they are signed up for the proper classes they need to satisfy all graduation requirements. 

“They will all meet individually, so start forming questions about your schedule or future,” Gomez said. “You need to make sure you have all the classes you need to graduate.”

Junior Sidney Patterson is looking forward to planning out her last year, especially taking film literature.

“I heard it was fun and intriguing,” Patterson said. “I’m also looking forward to taking Cat’s Eye again so I can hopefully earn the executive producer position.”